Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Clumsy

Ever had a day where you are super clumsy? That happened to me yesterday.

I came home from work and did the dishes and straightened up before Nephi got home. I thought I did all the dishes and then I looked on the stove and there was a big pot that I left there after we made potato soup on Monday (don't judge). So I grabbed it, filled it with hot soapy water and started dinner.

Nephi got home and I had my music playing from my phone. *Did you know you can put your iPhone in a glass cup and it will make your music louder? True story. Do it all the time.* He came in and we just chatted and then I went to grab my phone to look up a recipe and, yeah, it slipped and fell right into that soapy hot water pot! JUST.MY.LUCK!

I snatched it out of the so fast, grabbed a rag, and turned it off. I dried it really fast while Nephi filled a bowl with rice and blew into the output to try and get the water out of there. This all happened in like 30 seconds btw...

I was mostly in shock and way nervous because it's my work phone and we have an event this weekend and I knew tons of people are going to be calling me for directions, catering, tent, heaters, porta potty, etc. WORST time EVER to drop your phone in a pot of water.

I left it in there for a few minutes, turned it on and it was working so I texted and asked a guy from work what to do and he said to keep it in rice and then put it in the oven on the lowest setting. Whaaaa? Have any of you done this!? It seemed so risky to me. I was nervous but I did it and even left the oven door open and the heat on 170 because I was paranoid it would burn my phone.

Turns out it's totally fine to do that and so when I cam into work this morning and showed them my camera lens on the phone full of water, they suggested a dehydrator. So we got one from a guy at works aunt and now my phone is resting. All my calls are being forwarded to the office, but, if it doesn't work, I am screwed.

I wrote this email to tell Nephi what happened. (I called him from work and we had a bad connection so I said I would email him instead.)



Why am I blogging about this?

1. It was a funny memory.
2. This email made me realize after I sent it how much Nephi and I have changed each other. I act like him, and he acts like me.


So, pray for my phone.

AND, pray that it doesn't rain tonight so we can still have our event outside and that the tent won't blow over.

"Okay, thanks, okay, I love you, okay, goodbye."
(Another random saying Nephi and use)




Photobucket

1 comment: