Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

They Called Us Angels

Nephi's brother and sister-in-law started an charity project 3 years ago when their sweet boy Jayden died shortly after birth. It's called, Calling All Angels. {<---Check out the blog for more details.}

Yesterday was Jayden's birthday and Nephi and I gathered some blankets and took it to the hospital. Although we were only able to gather a dozen, it still made a difference. When we gave them to the nurse she said that we must be angels because they are currently running low. Nephi and I were so happy to donate and part of such a great cause.

Ignore my squinty eyes and Nephi's sun burn...

In the past they have organized it in a way that you would send your blankets and a picture of you to them and they would donate them. This year, you could just take them to whatever hospital you want but still send them a picture. I LOVED doing it and next year I hope to get more family and friends involved like my other sister-in-law did this year. Kira rocked it and collected over 300 blankets!

I would encourage you all to donate wherever you are. It's not time consuming AT ALL. You don't have to make them...I didn't! We just bought some baby receiving blankets and delivered those. Every blanket counts so if you can only take one, take it! If you have questions, check out this Q&A and the blog for more details, or feel free to contact me.

Even though I never got to meet sweet Jayden, I feel like I know him because I know his parents. They are those kind of people you to be like when you grow up and I feel blessed to call them family!





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I ever thanked you guys for participating again with us this year! We are so grateful and feel so blessed to have such wonderful family! Sure miss and love ya!

    ReplyDelete