Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

And EVENTful Weekend

This morning, we woke up at 7:45. 

We had quite the weekend. 

Thursday-Saturday we had an event for work. On Thursday we had a dinner at the company owner's home, Friday we had the leadership workshop, and Saturday we took a trip to Jackson, Wyoming. They all went so well! One of my favorite things about event planning is the intuition and adrenaline. My mind is usually more sharp and clear and if I planned well, I remember all the details. 

This event was more low key, compared to our convention, and I loved it. The weather was in our favor, we had plenty of food, and the people we happy. {Those are my criteria.}

Even though my feet killed on Friday....*note to self, don't wear heals for an event with a cement floor.* My heals would click the whole time as I ran around. I resorted to tippy-toeing in and out of the room and risked looking like a dummy. Oh well. 

Cute shoes, right? I got them for homecoming my sophomore year of high school and they still fit like a glove...unlike my dress. 


When I got home on Friday night, Nephi ran to work and I collapsed on the couch for a few hours wasting my time on Grey's Anatomy. (Thank you, Netflix). After a few episodes, I decided to give the place a once over knowing I wouldn't be able to clean on Saturday. Well, that turned into a deep clean/organize and me painting my nails in bed at 2 in the morning when Nephi got home from work. 


At least I got my closet done...I have too many shoes. I even gave away half of them before we moved. Oh man. 

Saturday I went to Jackson with the company. It was such a fun trip! I got a little car sick but other than that, it was very fun. I love the people we work with and enjoyed their company very much. 

We had Stake Conference Saturday night but I didn't get home until 7:30 and we had a hot date planned for 8:30 with the Henderson's...Second Chance Prom! 

For the past 13 years, this radio station has been hosting a Second Chance Prom. It was held at Nephi's old high school so we went with our good friends and had a blast! 

Nephi wore his bow tie and I curled my hair, put on lipstick and a floral maxi dress. That's as fancy as we got!







There was a wide age group and dress style present. From jeans to prom dresses, we saw it all. Old people dancing to the electric slide and young people getting a little too close to Ushers "Yeah". Don't worry, we recorded it. Vlog coming soon.

After the dance, Nephi and I went to Kohls. We LOVE shopping at Kohls late at night! No one is there and we get to take our time. I ended up getting decor for the bathroom and kitchen. Almost done with decorating the house! The house warming party will most likely be on June 2nd so if you are in town...COME!

Sunday morning we went to Stake Conference. Afterward, we came home and had brunch with Sheridan and then watched some Lost. Also, I suddenly got this urge to craft so I completed a few projects in a short amount of time...score! Crafting is appealing to me but I hate that it takes so long, so when I can get a project done quickly, it's right up my alley.

I bought these cute cloth napkins at Kohls and I really wanted to get napkin holders but I didn't see any I loved so I made these! Literally conceptualized and created them in 20 minutes or less. SO easy!


Cute huh? I bought burlap ribbon to cover a "G" that broken in half (which I did yesterday too) and used the leftovers to do this. I found my bag of spare buttons and used 4 of them to sew on the button. I just cut a slit and then slide it through to make it go together. Like I said, so so easy. I worry that the burlap may tare over time but it's fine because my financial and time investment was so small. I really like them! More pictures to come of the table settings...

I also started this project. This cutting board started growing mold because it wasn't dry enough when I put it under the sink a few months ago. I felt weird just throwing away a big chunk of wood so I thought I would make it work.

I stained it (2 coats), modpodged scrapbook paper in the middle section, put a vinyl "G" in the middle and then added a coat of that protective stuff (I forgot what it is called). It's currently drying but I will post pictures later.

It was so easy and again, conceptualized it very quickly. I have never seen anything like it but it just came to me a few months ago and I finally got it done.

Our night ended with a yummy dinner with the Henderson's. I used the left over bison prime rib, funeral potatoes, and rolls to make dinner. (Another reason I love event planning--I always get the leftovers from catering). I made mini-prime rib sandwiches. They were really good and I am glad that I was able to but it to good use!

For desert Sarah made yummy lemon bars and I made strawberry shortcake using this biscuit recipe. I  used Activia yogurt. It still turned out but had an interesting texture...you should still try it. You may like it and it was SO easy!

We LOVE having the Henderson's over! We literally live parallel lives and laugh a ton together. They have become some of our greatest friends.

Sunday night we set goals for the week, read scriptures, and went to bed. This morning we planned on going to the gym...yep, didn't happen. Dang goal setting at midnight made us sleep in. Tomorrow will be the day!

Here's to a great week!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a FUN weekend! Can't wait to see more pics of your house! I love all the crafts you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. second chance prom! so awesome! you guys look great! i cant fit into any of my old prom dresses either. no biggie :)

    ReplyDelete