Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Panini's

For our wedding we got a panini maker from a family friend. It's like a legit, fancy, panini maker--not just a sandwich maker. This family loves to make them so they passed the joy onto us and now we LOVE them!

I have only made them a few times but if it was my choice, I would make them every week. They are pretty time consuming if you home make everything but totally worth it in the end. They are great for any season--winter or summer--and can even be "healthy" if you want to. (We totally didn't make ours healthy. My bad.)

Yesterday we had Nephi's parents and his brother and sister-in-law over for lunch. Since it was going to be right after church, I made everything in the morning before church and I was so glad I did. Lunch was great so I thought I would post the recipe so you all can partake of the goodness.

Panini Recipe 


Bread: You can buy or make the bread. I make homemade foccacia bread. It's my mom's AMAZING recipe. I have got to give all the credit to her. Trust me, it's not that hard and totally worth the calories.


1 batch will fill a cookie sheet. It's hard to spread but I use "Turkey Flour" from Lehi Mills and it makes it 10x easier to roll out. Obviously it's not going to be feasible for you all to get Turkey Flour but if you are in Utah, take a trip to Lehi Mills and get some!! So, so, so, great to make bread with.

I made two batches yesterday and I topped one with garlic butter and italian seasonings and the other with a parmesan, asiago, mozzarella cheese mixture. Both were great but I am biased towards the garlic butter one.


After they cooled, I cut them into even slices. Each pan had 6 servings. I only had one for lunch, and then I ate one later for dinner. They are SO filling!

Filling:

You can put anything in a panini. They can be breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert! I plan to experiment more but here is what we usually put in ours:

  • Pesto 
  • Brei Cheese
  • Ham, Turkey, or Chicken
  • Onions
  • Spinach
  • Avocado 
  • Strawberries
  • Banana Peppers
Here is what they turn out to look like:





Angie made the dessert pizzas--YUM! They are also very addicting. 

Let me know if you have any questions or if you try out the recipe! 






Photobucket

2 comments: