Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

The New Way to Spring Clean

I am in need of a MAJOR spring cleaning spree.



No. I am not referring to my small insignificant apartment that needs to be cleaned [and packed up]. I am referring to my emotionally messy relationships/life/self-esteem/attitude.

Usually I don't blog about my insecurities and personal issues but I thought this may help someone out there today.

Lately I have been adjusting to many things. New job, home, style, family, people and daily routine. All these things must have time to sink in but I have had a hard time personally adjusting as fast as I expected. I have been ultra sensitive to people's comments and actions and reading into every detail/comment. One of those, "the world is out to get me" attitudes that often annoy me is what was possessing my everyday state of mind. Very frustrating and very un-like me.

As I have been mulling over how to solve these issues, I honestly have felt trapped. Nephi teases me because when I am "off my game" I feel like I am never going to change and it is always going to feel this way. (Dramatic, I know.) I honestly felt like I was always going to feel this doomed/annoyed/angry at the world.


Well, good thing general conference weekend came because I feel hope.


I can't wait to read over all the talks (especially Elder Holland's) and set goals on how to move forward on these issues. Satan knows exactly where to strike and now I feel more equipped to defend my heart.


Here's to TRUTH, LOVE, HOPE & INSPIRATION.  




Source: tumblr.com via Mallory on Pinterest






Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Conference was so awesome! I loved and needed those talks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Hollands talk was my FAVORITE too! Maybe because with Lydia it was the only one I heard parts of. Very insightful and wise. I've found when I feel "off my game" doing a little service and a visit to the temple helps a TON! Oh, and did I forget to mention shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this means we are due for a lunch date soon, my dear! :)I'm sure I will be feeling some similar things soon with new things coming my way!

    ReplyDelete