Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First Anniversary

How cliche, but I CANNOT BELIEVE IT'S BEEN A YEAR! 


Nephi and I celebrated our first anniversary on Saturday, April 14th. It feels like just yesterday we were hugging on my doorstep of my apartment, avoiding the reality of curfew, and saying, "I can't wait till we are married! We won't have to say goodbye at night!" {Sign. Awe. Squeal.}

Being married to Nephi is more than I ever thought it would be. Committing to marriage was easy and living with him everyday is even easier. Probably about once a week I yelp, "I love living with a boy!" Seems silly, but I cannot image all men are this easy to live/be with but Nephi is. He is the most kind and understanding person I have ever met. I tell him often that he is my greatest example. When I want to be mad, frustrated, or gossip, I always think about Nephi. He would never do that. And although it makes me feel guilty at times, it always makes me grateful to be surrounded by such a good person all the time. 

Everyone tells you to look for certain qualities in a person that you are dating. I admit that neither Nephi or I have all the qualities that each other was looking for {I am not patient enough, he is too patient}, but to be with a person that you know you can develop those qualities with and who posses the core qualities {kindness, selfless, sweet, humble} is rare

Nephi is a rare find. I have never met someone like him and I can't count how many times people gush about him. Everyone loves him. I dated a boy in my past and I can remember thinking "oh dang, we are going to have no friends." Not with Nephi. People are attracted to his kindness and always comfortable around him--hence my support with him becoming a P.A. He is going to be amazing and steal all the doctors patients. Kidding...but seriously. 

 I shouldn't get much mushier than this but dang, I am lucky/blessed/fortunate/privileged/spoiled



Woke up on Saturday morning to these flowers!
Went to Sam's and bought supplies for our date that night: Our favorite Perrier Water, Artisan Bread, and Brie Cheese. 
Made some "Better than Sex" Chex Mix. Seriously to die for. Thank you Pinterest. 

We didn't want to buy gifts for each other so we decided just to spend the night at a local hotel called The Destinations Inn. It was amazing! We stayed in the "Athens" Suite. I was shocked at how detailed it was! Totally worth every penny. 

I thought it was pretty appropriate that I wear my greek shoes. 

AND, check out that tub! Seriously amazing. 


                               

Of course we went to Snake Bite and got huge burgers. Mmm. And they even gave us a basket for breakfast in the morning! Also, there was sparkling cider and cheese cake in the fridge. We were very impressed.



Saturday was great! We got to relax and spend a lot of time together before Nephi goes back to school. It was a great first anniversary and we have so many more to look forward to!!

After sleeping in on Sunday morning, we came home and did some unpacking. We finished our bedroom and realized we have WAY too much clothes! I need to give some away, big time. But our room is unpacked, now we just have to decorate. It's twice the size of our other room so it may be a little difficult...

Sunday afternoon we went to Nephi's Aunt & Uncles place for dinner. I have said this before, and I will say it again, I LOVE Nephi's extended family! The Richin's are amazing. They fed us really well and we laughed A LOT! They are so selfless and great examples of a close and happy family. I love them.

We got home and I started loading the dishwasher--this was monumental, hence the photo. Our first dishwasher! Man, I didn't realized how much I missed having one. It's going to be so nice!


After spending time with my family, it made me miss playing cards. They taught us how to play Canasta and we loved it! But, since it was only Nephi and I, we played Skip-Bo, Nertz, and then Scrabble...

It's been YEARS since I have played but it was so fun! I got so nervous at the end but I ended up beating Nephi! I was literally biting my nails. 


We finished up the weekend with watching Super Natural in bed. Have any of you seen this? I watched it BY.MY.SELF the other night and it is scary! So we have the first season and no cable so we are watching it. It's actually pretty good...when you are watching it with someone.



It was such a long and great weekend! I don't know if it's because I only worked one day last week but this weekend was exactly what we needed before Nephi started the semester again. Welcome back no weekends and long nights. Bah. 




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Anniversary! It seriously goes so quick. You guys are adorable, congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just got our first dish washer to! isn't it dreamy??! Looks like a fantastic anniversarymoon :) I am so glad it has been a wonderful first year! Wahoo! How fun to stay at a hotel! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anny! Glad you guys had such a great trip to AZ...and that I didn't ruin the surprise :D It was great to see you two! Hope you're enjoying your new place. BTW I can't live without a dishwasher..it is my BFF ;)

    ReplyDelete