Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Good Finds & Good Times

We had another great weekend and got to go to church for the first time in like a month. Maybe we shouldn't be admitting...But it feels like we haven't been in forever! With all the traveling, moving, general conference, etc, we have missed a few weeks...

We LOVE our new ward! We like right next door so we just walked on over at 11 am.
--> 10 points for the PERFECT time for church. <-- 
Anyway. We snuck in the back. It's a small ward with LOTS of kids. No exaggeration. Have you ever been in AZ at night and you hear the buzzing of bugs? You can hear them constantly but they aren't your main focus. That is what church reminded me of. A constant buzz of children. They were everywhere.  

There was this little boy (Blake, 7 mo.) in front of us. He starting flirting with me and then Nephi made him laugh and by the time the closing prayer came around, he was squealing at us! Such a sweet temperament. His parents were pretty great too and his Dad took us to Sunday school. Turns out they live right behind us and we share a backyard with them--I secretly whispered 'yesssss' knowing Blake would be within arms length. (Literally. Our yard is tiny.)

Before Sunday school ended, I got to hold Blake. He is kind of a snuggler and wanted to be held like a baby. I loved it! We already volunteered to babysit :) 

Anyway--Great weekend. The pics say it all!


Tried to go to the temple, forgot my recommend, realized I lot my recommend, so we went to Deseret Book. Being there is so nostalgic. I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I interned with DB! Time flies...but I got this CTR ring. This purple is my favorite color right now. In fact, I am designing a whole bathroom with this color because I love it so much.

Went to D.I after and got some great finds! Since our place is a lot bigger and the master bedroom especially is bigger, I knew we needed new lamps. The lamps we have are fine--just too small for our new high ceilings. My goal was to find 2 that had a clear base and ta daaaa--here it is! $5 a piece! So I got them and then got 2 lamp shades at Target. I just need to get some fabric to cover them. I am intimidated like crazy to do a craft so complex--but I am excited to accomplish it. 

Another score! My mom gave me these dishes and they are setting the tone for my new kitchen. They have a bunch of colors so I can really go any direction. I really do like the bright green for the kitchen but I am falling in one with purple so I had to get the $3 vase! 

On Friday my good friend Caitlin came over. She was one of my roommates from my very first semester! I haven't seen her since like 2007 but we have remained great friends. She just came back up to school this semester after transferring back and forth and I couldn't be happier! I made us this yummy wedge salad on Friday, she helped me unpack and organize, we went to get some frozen yogurt, shopped, and then saw The Lucky One. {Eh, it was okay}

She ended up sleeping over and then coming to see the Hunger Games with me and my friend Abbie on Saturday!
Yup--Hunger Games round 3. Third times the charm--I loved it.

So I just love Caitlin. I am so glad she lives here now and we plan on hanging out on Friday nights while Nephi works. 

Saturday night Nephi and I shopped--a lot. It's been since Christmas shopping...well, maybe longer, that we have shopped like this. It was SO fun! We just bought a ton of stuff for our new place--great deals. I only need a few more things to complete my list! We budgeted to spend our deposit from our last place on our new place and it's working out! Gotta love those good finds. 

Sunday after church we napped--for 3 hours. It was unexpected but suddenly I just woke up and it was 5?! So I snapped this photo because Nephi looked so content. Haha.  

Sunday dinner. YUM! "OMG" Chicken (used sour cream instead of mayo and added green onions), Asiago AuGratin, and biscuits. I was shocked but it only took about an hour to prepare and cook it all. It took longer to eat unfortunately. The relief society presidency came and visited with me and I ended up burning my second batch of biscuits :( Does anyone else count the worth of your burnt food? I do. It's dumb. I burnt like $3 worth of food---who cares, right? I do. I beat myself up pretty bad but Nephi always makes me feel better. I just HATE throwing food away. 

Okay--we have bikes. Someone left them at our place and so when we moved, we took them! We think it was the couple that lived there before us but no one claimed them for a while so we felt good. Here is my bike. Nephi pumped up the tires and lowered the seat for me. I need a new seat cover and to wash it down but other than that, it rides great! Nephi's has a dent in the back tire so it's a little crooked and needs more work but they are fun! We went on a bike ride around our neighborhood and it was bliss! So excited for summer. 

And, 2 of my purchases. I debated revealing these before the place was finished but I just love them. The "poppy" pillow is from Ross ($9) and the bee pillow is from Target "($7). Such great finds and they fit the couch perfectly! I felt like it pulled in part of the room that was missing. I can't wait to finish it off!

So, that's it! This week we don't have any major plans--Just work and school. The usual. Can't wait for the weekend to dive into some more DIY projects. I think we made the right decision to move and it feels so good to know that.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. good finds! that wedge salad looks so good! I hope to see some cute riding bike pictures coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows and other new finds. I'm sure your lampshades will turn out awesome! Excited to see it once you're all decorated!

    ReplyDelete