Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Us, lately...

Here are some pictures from the last week! (If you follow me on instagram, this post may be boring.)

Nephi has been putting '"r's" on "lady" (his nickname for me) and "love", lately. It's pretty fun. Occasionally, Nephi gets super lovey dovey and it's really funny. Note: "If your a bird, I'm a bird." (We watched 'The Notebook' last week.)

Had my good friend J come over to help us make some fried chicken! (I've never made it before so I was clueless and scared of a grease fire). This is a pretzel chicken recipe I found on Pinterest! It turned out AMAZING! Dip it in sweet 'n sour or ketchup and you will be in heaven. I even had it the next day for lunch heated up and it was just as good. 
I started journaling again last week. I have major updating to do and it reminds me of the mission so much. I would get  behind like a week and then I would just type it all up when we were at the visitor center to catch up and then glue it in. I will be doing that on a few things.

Funny story: So I started my entry as you see above with "Hi...so it's been awhile...". After I finished, I turned the page and notice I had tried to write in it again last year and it said the EXACT same thing! And the date was 2/2/11. Crazy, right? Must be the month. 

Got a little crafty. I am not a major craft person because sometimes I think it looks more tacky than creative but I like how this turned out. I brought it to my office to hang up, and I still need to do that. It was way easy. Just painted the canvas cream, went to the gym, came back and cut out these petals out of fabric swatches that I used to find my wedding colors and glued them on. I like it so much that I want to make another when we move into our new place. 

Got an official office chair! Since I have been here at work I have been using a lame conference chair. I think it was the root of my back problems I have been having and then it got progressively worse with letting Nephi crack it and then getting those massages. I actually ended up going to the chiropractor on Friday and that helped so much. He said that my ribs had moved and that my left foot was crazy out of place. So he did a lot of cracking and even Nephi was cringing watching him. Ha! It felt sooo good and he taught Nephi how to adjust me at home. So this weekend I heated it and took ibuprofen and it helped so much. I literally have zero lower back pain and foot pain but my right upper ribs are still a little sore. It comes and goes but it's not sharp and I feel so much better. I am going in on Wednesday for a follow-up appointment and I am excited. I am so grateful for modern medicine. 
We went and saw "The Vow" this week! It was really good. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have cried as much if I wasn't married. Being married made it hurt so much more but we both liked it. I even went again with some friends on Saturday and her husband admitted that he liked it! So ladies, you can convince your men because 2 tough guys I know said they liked it ;). 

Friends! We have been hanging out with different friends on the weekends. Last Sunday we had 2 couples come over to play games and I dipped some stuff in chocolate. It turned out so good! The pineapple and marshmallows were my favorite.

Can I just say that good friends are hard to find? I have had such a hard time since we have been married finding good girlfriends. You know, the one's that you can just call randomly and go do stuff,  shop, organize your house with, or vent to when you are upset. My best friend in AZ is all of those things AND MORE! I really miss my Emily! But I need to find an Emily in Idaho and it's not working. Oh well. Maybe one day. 
Yuuuum. This was the last piece of bread I ate before I gave it up. (No, I didn't give it up for lent. I gave it up for my hips.) So I have been off bread for a week! Nephi has been SO helpful! Even on Saturday I had the worst temptations: bagels at a breakfast, lunch at Great Harvest, and hamburgers for dinner. It was pretty deadly, but I resisted and I didn't feel jipped. So far, so good! 
This is my usual weekend treat and I gave it up this weekend. It was hard, but I am making progress. 

Other than all of this, we have been searching for a place to live in Idaho Falls. I work in Idaho Falls and it's about a 30 minute commute and it's killer on me and our wallets. I feel SICK when I have to fill up the tank. So basically I get sick almost 2 times a week. Blah. And gas is over $3 now. I know Obama is working reeeallly hard to lower those prices. NOT.

Anyway, Nephi mentioned as soon as I got the job that he wanted to move to Idaho Falls. I was kind of shocked but it's actually going to be better for us. Come July, Nephi will be done with school until January and then he will only have two semesters left. He can set his classes to later in the day, have an easier time finding someone to commute with, AND rent and groceries are cheaper in Idaho Falls. We hope by October to have a new car that will be more gas efficient and then we will be spending a lot less in gas when he commutes. I am sad to leave our ward and just Rexburg in general but in the end, we are going to save SO much money!

And no, we are not going to buy. I feel we are too young...and transient. Mostly transient.




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the Update! I'm so excited to see the Vow now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. ps-filled up my car for $3.69 a couple days ago. Don't live in Portland or you'll be sick all the time ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I don't know if you guys have found a place to live in IF- but the apts we live in are way cheap ($395- 2 bedrooms, 1 bath) and a great location for going back and forth between IF and Rexburg (its right by the airport). Anyways, let me know if you are interested. There are 2 openings right now and we are actually moving next month:(

    ReplyDelete