Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Food-Phone-Pics

Food is on my mind. Always. Of course.

I don't always have a camera around and even if I do, since we don't have internet or photoshop, I hate downloading them on the school computers! Here are a few of our favorite meals lately from my phone, with minor edits using photoshop...

Gotta love $1 oatmeal Wednesdays at Jamba Juice. Apple cinnamon is my favorite.
When I am craving Costa Vida, it is the most satisfying meal. Yum.
Our own special Thanksgiving. Of course we had Thanksgiving with Nephi's family but the Sunday after, we had our own Thanksgiving. It certainly wasn't homemade but it only took us about an hour to put it all together and we loved it!
After I made the porkloin on Sunday, we had a lot of leftovers. So, the next day we had pork tacos with cabbage and then the next day we had sweet and sour pork. I put it in a frying pan and added red pepper, green onions, pineapple and sweet and sour sauce. We had fresh broccoli and brown rice with it.
Probably our favorite meal this week was homemade mac-and-cheese. My good friend and I used to always make it (that is how I gained my freshman 15) and I have never made it for Nephi! We made it last night for our date night and had kielbasa sausage to go with it and we were in heaven! We talked about it all night. 
And of course, my bountiful basket purchase. For those of you who have bountiful baskets available in your area...DO IT! It's the best deal ever. We get it every 2-3 weeks and it is plenty of fruits and veggies to last us! They stay better longer because they are fresh, it's a great variety and gets you out of your comfort zone of cooking, and it's cheap! I got all of this for $16.50 (some of it is left over from 4 weeks ago and it is still good). Totally worth it. Oh, and if you are wondering what persimmons are, check out more information about them here. I am excited to try them!


There is my food kick.





Photobucket

2 comments: