Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend. On Friday, we came home from school and work, made some homemade mac and cheese and then went to Battle of the Dance event on campus. It sold out! There were so many people there and the event went very well. I was really proud of the event managers. (PS-We've been able to go to events every weekend because of my role in our Student Activities program here on campus. The last 2 semesters I have been the director of the program and it's been a great experience.) Then we came home and watched a movie in bed and ate popcorn. 

On Saturday, Nephi went to work and went to campus and did homework (aka-Did homework that was due Tuesday, not Monday because it was easier. I hate when I do that.) Then Nephi came home and we made BBQ Chicken salad. Yum. We mocked the recipe that Wingers uses. We love it.  Then, we went to A BYU-Idaho Christmas concert. It was amazing. An hour and a half full of Christmas music by the BYU-Idaho orchestra and chorus and even special guest Brian Stokes Mitchell. I love going to Christmas events and parties and seeing everyone dressed up and fall and winter coats and colors. It's my favorite! 

When we got home, we got DQ mini blizzards and we played Wii. It was so much fun! For some reason I didn't realize that we had Mario Kart? We played for a while and laughed so hard. 



On Sunday we went to church, of course, and it was great. I made chilli when we got home for the first time and we loved it! I even made some cornbread muffins and made some honey-cinnamon butter. We were in heaven. We had friends over later and had dessert and played Wii again.


I have been bugging Nephi for a while to get new glasses that were thicker frames and he finally got them! When he opened the package, I laughed so hard! They are a greenish-blue color with a tortoise print on the side of them...Well, turns out he looks great and super trendy in them and I love it! It's so not Nephi but they work really well for him. Every few minutes I would say, 'turtle, turtle'. Haha,--A little annoying but so funny.



So, on black Friday we went to Kohls and spent $50 so we got $15 in Khols bucks. It expired yesterday so I told Nephi he had to spend it! I told him that he should just get whatever he wants because I didn't need anything in particular. So, he came home with cute slippers for himself and this for me...



SO random. A breast cancer awareness ribbon necklace?! I told Nephi a long time ago when were having a discussion about how we think we will die that I believe I will die from breast cancer. Also, I feel sensitive to breast cancer not because anyone I know very well has passed because of it but just because I am sensitive to it. Anyway, very random and kind of funny. I laughed a lot but it was very sweet. 

Tender Mercies:
  • I'm graduating next week and I am freaking out about finals but I am taking 2 this week and 3 next week. Just found out today that instead of a multiple choice test in my writing class, we are just going to write a timed paper. Whew! Amazing. 
  • No job lined up yet but I met with a friend last week for lunch and got a great lead on a job. (PS-I apply for about 3 jobs a week. People are ridiculous and job sites are crazy. I wish every HR worked like BYU-Idaho HR.) 
  • Found out yesterday that I can still work with HR till the end of the month even though I will be graduated! One of the secretaries had a baby so she will be gone for a few more weeks and so they need extra help. 
  • Just got a message from a friend in my ward that her families magazine is looking for free-lance writers and I will be interviewed! 
We are in need of any prayers to help us find a job for me. It's a scary time but we are looking forward with faith and hope. 





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment