Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Did I mention we believe in miracles?

Did I mention we believe in miracles? Because we do.

The last few weeks as I have hit the job hunt harder than ever, and I have been struggling. Nephi and I hardly sleep because we talk about how we are going to figure everything out and I cry a lot and he listens and I can hardly focus on my school work and job. Nephi has stayed strong and consistent the whole time. I cannot say the same thing for myself.

While on my mission, I had a similar (but different) experience. The feeling of lack of faith, inadequacy and heartache feel the exact same and I will never forget it. As I have been feeling these same feelings, like I have been dealt a bad hand, I have been reflecting upon this experience, a lot. The best part, I got through that experience and it completely changed my mission and dare I say my life. I believe this experience will do the same.

After applying for several jobs with no call backs or strong leads going through--I finally had a great interview on Friday. About 4 months ago I had a few interviews with different companies that we very interested in me but I couldn't start till December. Now, I finally had an interview where I could say that I am available. (Timing is everything, btw.)

On Friday I interviewed with a Hospice in Idaho Falls. The position is for a volunteer coordinator who works in the community recruiting, training, planning events and doing some PR and marketing. It would be an excellent job working with people who are interested in serving people who are in the last few months or days of living. The interview went so well and I was invited back for a second interview on Monday.

It doesn't stop there...My friend and I were talking the other night and she told me she knew a recruiter for a very good company in Idaho Falls. She emailed him and helped me and him connect and within 24 hours, we set up an appointment to meet on Monday as well for a meeting. This is not an interview but I am meeting with a recruiter and he did ask to see my writing samples so this is a good thing.

Guess what...IT DOESN'T STOP THERE! (Excuse my all-caps obnoxiousness.) On Friday at 4 PM, I got a phone call from an random 208 number. Those intrigue me the most so I answered and guess what...it was another company asking me to come and interview on Monday! This was a very satisfying call because this company was interested in me 4 months ago and when I tried to contact them a month ago they went all M.I.A on me and I was very upset by it. But, they came crawling back and I couldn't be happier :)

Moral of the story: Have faith, and works, but don't forget about the faith. Listen to your husband. Humble yourself and ask people to pray for you. Fast and pray, fast and pray. Never ever give up.

We feel so blessed to have these opportunities on Monday and I feel incredibly vulnerable because they could all not go through but regardless, the Lord is on my side and we are in good hands.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment