Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Birthday Boy

Yesterday was Nephi's actual birthday. Can I just say how sweet this guy is? Everyone loves him. I cannot express enough how great it is to marry a sweet, kind man. Long story short- nice guys finish FIRST.

The day started off great for Nephi with his sweet sister posting a video that you can find here. She is the cutest! Then, she even did a special blog post about Nephi that you can find here. Then, they gave Nephi a call before we went to dinner.

Thank you Cannon family for making Nephi feel so special! He was GLOWING the rest of the night. :)

This picture turned out weird but it's the only one we got of us.
We went to Applebee's for dinner and ate really good. I haven't been there in forever but we loved it! We came home and it wasn't even 8 PM and we were so happy that we had the rest of the night to relax.

Before we ate cake, Nephi opened a few of his presents. Because he was so anxious (aka-me) on Sunday after his party, I gave him one of his presents that night, which was...

Oh yeah, Hot Rod. Both Nephi and I were happy about this gift. We haven't been able to find it ANYWHERE in stores so I ordered it online.

Then, he opened his other presents...

Waiting in the birthday boy chair!


Cute purple polo. He looks SO cute in purple.

Sweats! He has needed some for a while and it's even better that BYU-Idaho is blasted across the leg, right?

And the last gift....Can you guess what it was?

Nephi launching towards me to tackle me after giving him this special gift....

Modern Warefare 3. Yep. I caved. He deserves it.

My feelings about it.

I just have to say that only growing up with one boy in the family, I am still getting used to the whole video game thing. Nephi is amazing and has only played literally twice since we have been married. I knew getting him this would allow him to play more but I think it's worth it because he really has proven to me that he has such great self-control unlike other boys I know. So when I say 'he deserves it', he does.

And then we ate cake! You can find the recipe here. If you need a good chocolate cake fix, seriously, this is the BEST!


Let the boy eat cake, right?

It had raspberry filling--Nephi's favorite.

So that was his birthday! It was really fun and we look forward to endless birthday's together.




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so glad his birthday was so fun!! I love the Quarter of a Century theme for his party too. I feel bad because I've had Hot Rod forever and I'm pretty sure it's Nephi's haha. So excited to see you guys soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I feel the exact same way about the video games. Brady is the same way and I think he deserves it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a great birthday! Wish we could've been there to celebrate with you! Loved his party theme, you're such a cute wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! that cake looks DELISH! happy birthday nephi!

    ReplyDelete