Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

First job offer

So, I got my first job offer...and guess what I said??

NO.

Yeah, I know. It's weird. But, turns out it is not what I thought it was going to be. Nephi and I calculated how much I would need to make in order to make it worth it for me to commute to Idaho Falls for work. There were a lot of factors we considered and felt like we had adequately weighed all our options. So, we decided 'our number' and fasted, prayed, cried (well, I cried, he listened) and went forward with faith.

Well...today I went for my final interview with the company and let's just say, it was a joke. They offered me HALF of our minimum that we could live at AND, she said multiple times, "I don't want to promise you anything..." What kind of job!? --I realize that sounds harsh. I don't mean it. I was just shocked, kinda. But, grateful for a strong answer. I didn't say no on the spot. I told her I could call her tomorrow like a professional would.

It may seem crazy that we turned down a job, but, I know it's not for me if that is the pay and it's not even going to be stable. In 4 weeks, I will have a stinken college degree, an amazing internship and experience like no other--I couldn't settle. And the only reason I say that is because I have some other possible options that I know will not only pay more, but be a better springboard to my future career and financial goals.


We're in Idaho and we don't need much but we do need to be reasonable people.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you didn't settle. What a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure with how well you do at EVERYTHING you put your mind to, you'll have many more job offers and you'll be able to say yes to one you'll LOVE!

    ReplyDelete