Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Saturday was crazy. Nephi went to school and work and I was at school all day studying and doing homework. I had to take a test but I forgot my I-Card and so I ran home and got back on campus right before the test closed. I literally got in the door at 4 PM when they give out the last test on Saturday's and stood in line again to wait for a computer to take an online test.

Right when I got to the front, they yelled that anyone there for an online test needs to go home. Seriously. Ugh. I was just about to walkaway and then this girl brought a number over and said there was one computer available. Yeeeesssssss. She started writing on my sheet and then the girl behind me started whimpering, "Please no, I have to take this test. It's for nursing. Please." The test center nazi-lady was like, "I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do about."

I quickly thought about how I had till Monday to take my test but I didn't want to wait but that this girl needed it more than me. I turned around, put my hand on her should and said, "You can have my computer. I can take this test on Monday," and walked away...I don't think she even realized what I said. A girl in the line grabbed my arm and said, "That was so nice." I smiled and kept walking.

I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things and ran home so I could make dinner and straighten up. I made this for Nephi. We LOVED it! I didn't follow it exactly but if your hubby or you loves perogie's, this is a quick alternative to making homemade one's.Yum. I made it in a small dish and we ate the whole thing! We hadn't eaten since breakfast and we were so hungry.

Needless to say, we went into a food-comma after eating so much. We were in heaven but still had a lot to do. We decided to not do it and lounge around until we had to make a quick stop at a birthday party. It was a party for one of the elders from my mission. A few mission friends were there and it was nice to catch up but there was a strobe light and loud music and I almost passed out. ha. We can't do that scene anymore and we are totally fine with it.

We went to Red Box and rented 'Unknown'. I made some sugar free hot chocolate (Nephi actually liked it) with marshmellows and we cuddled in bed and watched the movie. We fell asleep but we finished it on Sunday and it was great!


It was a good weekend and I was so happy to have Nephi home!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are so SWEET! I love hearing things like this and knowing (yes, I KNOW)that girl will tell that story forever to testify Heavenly Father answering prayers and using His children as helping hands.

    Ps- I don't believe you about Nephi liking sugar free hot chocolate ;)
    Pss- Was the movie good, because I've been thinking about renting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet thing to do! What a great example you are to those around you! I love snuggling up in a bed watching a movie with Neal! Thanks for letting Nephi come and help us move we couldn't have done it without him!

    ReplyDelete