Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I covet hobbies

Last night Nephi went to a bachelor party and I...went to the library. I had some homework to do and I thought I would try and finish a project for the home that I started a few weeks ago. I am trying to finish up a few details in our place before I feel like I can post pictures and feel confident in our place. We have had a few get togethers with friends and so I am obviously fine with our place but I just want to fill in all the blanks! Ladies, you know what that is like. Nephi thinks I am a crazy person but in the end, he always admits he is grateful that I care so much about our home.

So, I am obsessed with typography. I could sit on adobe illustrator for hours arranging type and cool quotes if my life would allow me. I seriously covet those with time to do those things! One day I will be able to set aside a few hours a week to it and that will be the day that I develop carpal tunnel. I am sure I will.

Here are a few things I put together last night!

Festive, right? I've had those decorations up for about a month and will have to switch it out soon but at least I decorated for the holidays. Nephi committed me to decorating our place for Christmas. I will be working on those projects soon :)

I know, I know, it's super cliche to have the whole "Keep Calm..." paraphernalia. But, it worked really well and I love that it has the temple on it. On the left is the scripture in D&C 76:22. I love that scripture. It always reminds me of my testimony. The quote on the right is part of the 13th Article of Faith. Great words to live by.  I chose the pink/peach color because I have a few pillows that color and our rug has that color and I am trying to bring it out more. It looks really good actually. Who would have thought? Pink? Me? Yup.
 
And this is where I put the frame, temporarily. Once I get that bookshelf organized, it will go there and be more legible.


So, there are a few crafts that I have encountered. I will have a few more done by the end of Thanksgiving! What I love about typography is that for me, it is free. If you want any of these prints, let me know. I will send you the file and you can print it off yourself. Also, here is a cool blog that I follow that gives out free images that I use every once in a while.





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So CUTE Mal! I need you to make some stuff for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the thankful one a lot! I'm jealous you know how to work illustrator :) you're one busy lady but still find time for the home that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete