Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Sore bodies

A few weeks ago we finally got to check off Skiing/Snowboarding in Idaho off our bucket list! To think I have lived here for 6+ years and have never been to a Ski resort is crazy! Finally I feel like Nephi and I joined an exclusive club...a club where we felt totally inadequate and idiotic, but we joined nonetheless.

We had planned to go up to Driggs to meet up with our good friends [the Henderson's] and go to the Jackson Aquatic Center. The day before we left, Sarah put together a plan to go skiing/snowboarding with the free passes they had so we made it work and we went!

Nephi and I were so nervous. He went snowboarding when he was 12 and I had been snowboarding once and then skiing a few times. (I actually can - or used to be able to - ski on water really well.) We weren't sure what to expect but I knew I didn't want to snowboard but Nephi was insistent so I borrowed skiis and he borrowed a board. I am happy to say that I didn't fall once and Nephi fell...oh...a handful of times (we will spare the number for his sake).

We stayed on the bunny hill the whole time - bless Sarah and Stephen. They were so patient with us. My boots fit but were a little tight on my ankles and left blisters that are still healing as I type this 3 weeks later. PS - Why is walking in ski boots harder than walking in snowboarding boots but skiing is so much easier than snowboarding? Nephi could barely grip the wheel of the car on the drive home and his legs were on fire most of the day. Needless to say - based on the title of this post - we were sore for the few says after that.

It was the day before the resort closed and we had a blast! So glad we got to go with such good friends. We needed the weekend to unwind from some stressful happenings at home and got to spend time with Nephi's parents as well. We even hit up the Corner Drug in Driggs for a Huckleberry shake, saw a buffalo have a miscarriage (craziest thing ever), and the babes (Marlo + June) got to play.







No comments:

Post a Comment