Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Mother's Day Up North

Summer is starting here in Idaho and we have been trying to take advantage as best as possible! For Mother's Day weekend we went up to a cabin in the Cour 'de Lane area with Nephi's parents and brother and sister-in-law. It was MUCH needed for Nephi and I. We've had a recent change in job and some other added stresses that made this trip a sorta answer to prayer.

The cabin was beautiful! We fished, went to a really fun park, spent time in the hot tub, I got to read a book and take a nap, and Marlo got much needed time with Grandma and Grandpa! I was telling Nephi's Mom that I really think Marlo knows who they are now. She is so blessed to have them close!


First time in the swing and she loved it! 



So grateful for Nephi's parents driving with us! Marlo loved having them there. 




My first Mother's Day was one for the books! It was special to be celebrated this year. I am very observant of other Mothers. I try not to judge them and I pray that others don't judge me! I feel like I ask for forgiveness daily because I am always coming up short but in a world full of comparison it's hard to not feel inadequate, especially because I don't fit the "mold" of "Motherhood".

I am overwhelmed most days and try not to wish the time away. I love the relationship I have with my Mom and I catch myself thinking, "When Marlos older we are going to..." NO -- I want to be better about living in the NOW with her. She is my dolly and I can't believe she's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment