Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

My Mobile Marlo

Marlo is MOBILE! She's on all 4's crawling and moving FAST, she pulls herself up on everything and anything she can, and she can sit up without any help (has to roll to her belly first). She get's around and it's presented a whole new world of possibilities for her and for us. It makes a lot of things harder AND easier...

*Bedtime is a battle every night because even though she can barely keep her eyes open, she will fight you to the death by sitting up and pulling herself up with her hands wrapped around the bars, eyes shut tight, and mouth wide open screaming. It's a delight.



*When she is playing by herself and I am doing something else she can just fall over and get back up again. Easy-peezy for this lemon-squeezy.


*She fell off my bed the other day. I know. I feel like i'm the worst. But to my credit, I had stopped her several times before it happened and it only took a second for me to bend down to grab laundry out of the baskets before I heard a THUMP on the floor. Poor baby. She cried for a minute or too but was pretty easily soothed. She actually cuddled me, which is a rare occurrence for Miss Marlo. And then she fell asleep (it was bedtime anyway and the reason I had her in my room was because she was fighting sleep). My Mom called me after I sent her the snap of it so horrified and worried and surprisingly I was not? I had a few friends already tell me that this had happened to them so I knew it wasn't the worst thing. Marlo was easily soothed, she was going to bed anyway so her getting sleepy didn't scare me, and I tugged and touched all her limbs so check for sensitivity - she was fine. You would think I would be more worried but I was fine.



*She comes to me! If I walk into a room, she crawls to me. If I call her, most of the time she was crawl to me. It's so validating! I love it. I will pick her up and then she will want back down. It's a game she plays - but it's so fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment