Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Post-Christmas Update

The holiday's took our life by storm and we loved it! We could not have asked for a better Christmas and feel blessed and spoiled for the time and gifts we received from family and friends.

Recovery, although, has been difficult. Nephi started school and I started first quarter. The past 2 weeks have consisted of Nephi driving to Rexburg every day and being home in the evenings doing homework and me working late nights, working out (tried out crossfit and it kicked my trash) and then coming home to doing more work in bed.

The good news is that we sold the Jeep! What a relief. The guy called on Thursday night and was really interested. He said he asked the usual questions and told Nephi he may be driving down from Washington to take a look, but that he would let him know. The next day (Friday) Nephi and I were on our way out the door to dinner and someone else called about the Jeep. Suddenly I hear Nephi say, "Oh darn, I just sold it." Wait, WHAT!? I was so confused! Apparently, the guy called Nephi back on Friday and told him that he was driving through the night and to not sell it to anyone else. Sure enough, he showed up on Saturday afternoon after leaving Washington at midnight and they bought the Jeep.

He was a really nice guy and his son was with him. He asked if we were selling it because we were expecting a baby--uh, no (you better believed I sucked in my stomach a little to make it obvious that I was not pregnant). It would be his son's first car. I think that made Nephi a little emotional. After they left I was so excited and Nephi was kind of quiet. I asked him why he was being such a bum and he snapped, "Just let me mourn!" Ha! I think he was half kidding...half serious...maybe more serious than kidding. Poor kid. But you better believe we went out and celebrated!

That was such a blessing to finally sell the Jeep. It's been listed since November and I have probably been stressing about it since June. Ha. The night he called I was driving home before I found out and had a very distinct thought that I needed to put more trust in the Lord when it came to the selling the Jeep. It was a simple decision that I needed to make but I literally up until that point had chosen to stress about it. The Lord works miracles, no doubt!

We also set our New Year Resolutions. We are so excited for another year. I don't even want to do a re-cap of last year like every other person has done on their blog because I am so happy it's over. I have never been more excited to turn a page of my life more than right now. We set lofty goals but we made plans to achieve them. Growing up, my Dad would sit us down individually and make up goals with us. On January 1st, we would wake up in the morning and it would be taped up in our room for us to see for the first week. We did that this year and it's been a great reminder thus far. 


Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Haha seriously!! I am so happy for you guys in your big sale! But my first reaction was a sad little gasp and nostalgia. So long jeep! Good memories. I hope the new guy treats it right ;).

    ReplyDelete