Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mouth of Babes: 12/9

This weeks lesson was on the Resurrection. We taught the kids about it a few weeks ago when we had a lesson on Christ so we tried to test their knowledge on what they knew. Let me tell you, these kids are smart! They explained the Resurrection to us! At the end, we had a few kids come up and they would wear my coat and we would say that it was their body. Then, Nephi would tell them how they died (Sorry parents, it wasn't that detailed) and we would take the coat off and they would "fly away" into the spirit world. We would tell them that it was "time" and they would come back into the jacket. They LOVED it. So simple and so easily entertained. We love these kids.


From the mouths of our babes:

Mallory: We missed you at the ward Christmas party! Santa came.
K: What? Where?
Mallory: Here. At the church, last night.
K: Oooo, I didn't tell my Mom! Ahh, man. Well, we were tired. We stayed home and watched a movie.
Mallory: Oh, cool.
K: And ate pizza in the basement with bread sticks and ketchup. YOU missed out.

--

(The kids were really rowdy when we first got into the classroom. We usually let them tell us a few stories from the week before we start the lesson.)

Nephi: Okay everyone, wave your hands in the air like you just don't care!

(All the kids wave their hands in the air.)

P: I did it the best!
K: I did it the bestester!
P: (Looks at K with a sad face) Well, that wasn't nice.
K: (Yells) WE ALL DID IT THE BEST!

--

(During the same period of time as the above mentioned quote.)

P: Can I touch your shoes? (They had a flower on them.)
Mallory: Sure.
K: Can I touch your shoes?
(Both touching my shoes.)
P: Can I touch your tights? I LOVE polka dots!


Eventually, they all come over and are all touching my tights, then my dress, then my belt, and then we pulled them off of me. Then we hear this:

C: Well, I'm lucky because I can do this...(He reaches over and starts rubbing the hair on Nephi's arm. HA! It was awkward.)

--

(After the prayer.)

P: You (facing towards 'K') need to fold your arms and close your eyes during the prayer.
K: I can't. I can't close my eyes! See! (She starts blinking her eyes like crazy.)

--

(We started talking about death and the Resurrection.)

P: When I was born, there was a bright light...(Nephi and I look at each other in shock.)...and an angel appeared! And turned me into a princess!
K: Uhhh, Okay...(Sarcastically.)
P: What??? That's what my Dad told me!

--

(We brought brownies because it was 'K' birthday 2 weeks ago and it was our cute twins birthday, too. We sang to them and then they all grabbed a brownie and we had 1 sugar cookie left over. 'K' and 'P' both wanted it but they seemed to come to an agreement where 'P' got it and 'K' took a brownie.)

K: You wanna split that cookie?
P: No thanks.
K: (In shock) Whhhhhaaa? I thought we were friends!? Friends split cookies.
P: No...they would get their germs.

---

Bah! Today was great. You can see that 'P' and 'K' took over the majority of the conversations today. They each have their "Sunday" but those two are usually the stars of the show. We die over them each week like it is the first but they know us, and we know them. The girls are sweet and compliment me on my outfits and they all drool over Nephi's teaching and his magic. The 2 hours we spend with them are not enough and today we asked the Bishop if we could move up with them next year to the older class and he said go for it! We just have to get the primary presidents approval. :)

See the other previous Mouth of Babes here!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I'm with P, I LOVE your polka dot tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kids are heaven! Ooooh I miss little ones in my life!! You & Nephi are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha! I love these posts. They crack me up every time.

    ReplyDelete