Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Hoopla

We took advantage of the holiday "hoopla" and had a great weekend! This week was crazy for me with work. I got put as lead event planner on a new event and it has added a lot to my work load. It will be a crazy first quarter, but I am excited to be part of it all. I have been loving my work lately as I feel more adjusted and comfortable with the team and responsibilities. But, always looking forward to a weekend with Nephi!

Friday evening we went to my friend, Sarah, daughters dance recital. Needless to say, I left craving a little girl to dress up and coach on the sidelines. She was adorable and did a great job! We love, Miss Laken!

 
Saturday, Nephi worked during the day and Cait and I ran errands, shopped, and cleaned. We had our ward Christmas party so I made these yummy treats and then headed off to the party where we played a very important role...


Can you spot us? Yep, we were Mary & Joseph. It was great and as soon as we walked in the door at the party, we were bombarded by our kiddos telling us how they met Santa and all the random facts that we can never predict. It was a great party. Have we mentioned how much we LOVE our ward? Because we do.

After the party, we met up with Sarah and Stephen and grabbed some hot chocolate and headed off to tour the lights in Idaho Falls. We hit up "Candy Cane Lane" and then went to a house right by it that actually had Santa, Mrs. Clause and a penguin outside. It was amazing! Sar and I took this pic with the igloo. They used $500 worth of glue sticks to build it. Insane.



We came home and watched A Christmas Story. I've only seen parts on TV but Nephi and Stephen are obsessed and enjoyed themselves very much.

Sarah got a cool camera kit for her phone and took this pic of us with her fish eye lens! Way cool.

We also engaged in the holiday spirit by adopting a child to give Christmas to. My family did this all growing up and I have countless memories of us delivering Christmas to a family every Christmas. It was a great lesson to learn and a tradition Nephi and I will be incorporating. This year, we chose an 8 year old girl. I, of course, have no idea what 8 year old girls want so we basically got her anything in pink. Her poor parents are going to hate us for all the trinkets and make-up we got her...sorry ;)


Looking forward to the continuance of holiday activities this week--Relief Society Christmas dinner, Christmas Bunco night, and 2 work Christmas parties.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it all! Thanks for the shout out ;) We had a blast Sat night. YAY for holiday "hoopla," and may the best ugly sweater win on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete