Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lesson Learned from the Husband

Just thought I would start off this post with an inspiring quote...

"Is it a crime, to fight, for what is mine?"
-Tupac Shakur

Credible, right? That's only the beginning.

On Monday, Nephi and I went for a walk for a snow cone (which I am trying to avoid but I had a terrible day and that always cheers me up). We went the long way to burn some calories and went behind the K-Mart by our house. (Side note: Yes, we live by a K-Mart. No, it's not ghetto. Avoid the stereotype, people.)Nephi saw a dresser in there and tried to convince me to help him get it out. I said no and we moved on and he kept trying to convince me to go back.

So, when we got home, we got into the car and drove over. We suspiciously circled the parking lot 3 times and at one point I yelled, "Michael Scofield wouldn't do it this way!" (Sarcastically. Kinda.) I convinced him to go home and to worry about it in the morning when it was daylight, but still I was convinced it was illegal and totally weird.

Yesterday, I was at work and I got a text with this picture...


Yep, he did it! I was shocked and laughed so hard! This kid...seriously.


So, I came home, we wiped it down, placed it, and now it looks like this...

(note my cheesy 'free99'. baha.)

*Pictures taken with my phone.


Moral of the story, I may be going dumpster diving a little more often...




Photobucket



*I will be posting pictures of the house in a few weeks! Get ready. It's gonna be good.*




4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH. I love so much about this post. 1. Kmart is totally awesome. Their cheapo toy isle is to die for. So are their hamurgers. 2. My bedroom carpet most of my life was dumpster carpet so I can't hate on dumpster diving, plus I remember being like 8 in the back of my dads truck with Nephi with walkie talkies. We were "lookouts" while my dad dumpster dove. I learned a lot that way hahah. 3. This was an amazing find! I am super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....Nothing surprises me about this at all! Love it! Seriously a gorgeous piece of furniture. Way to go Nephi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that a changing table?! haha way to go nephi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...I am totally for dumpster diving when it comes to AWESOME finds like this! I love the piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete