Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

If you like pina coladas...

First of all...I bought zucchini in Oregon (which I still need to blog about) and I wanted to try some fun things with it.

So, the question is, what can you do with zucchini?

Photobucket

or...

Photobucket

YUM! Seriously. I was in heaven. Nephi...adjusted and I made him meat kabobs. But, he loved the brownies.


Anyway- here is the climax of this post...the coladas.

When I was younger (like 16) my best friend and I used to go with her family to Mexico, often. We looooved getting pina coladas! And you know what. It's weird but I often crave them. So, I saw this  recipe (ps-This is my go to site for recipes. I am obsessed.) and I HAD to make it! We had some friends over for a taco bar and I thought this would be the perfect touch.

Observe...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kosher salt on the rim was Nephi's touch. He loved it. I even caught him doing it the other day with a smoothie he made...what a weirdo.

These were SO good! Also, really easy. I felt like a legitimate bartender in 30 seconds. (Thanks to the Ninja, our new best friend)

While basking in our colada bliss..we played a little Wii.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nephi and Heather playing baseball.

Photobucket

Mark had his game face on.



Dinner parties are the best. I love making them themed. Mmm. It's the betty in me.





Photobucket

http://www.ourbestbites.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like SO much! I want to try that pina-colada recipe! Is that my sista? :D They told me they just love hanging out with you guys and having a couple to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete