Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ice Cream Recipe

For our wedding, we got a ice cream maker. In fact, we got 2! We returned one and have yet to touch the other one until last weekend...

I was running errands and passed by a little piece of heaven called Reed's Dairy. (All you Idahoans know what I am talking about.) I was just going to grab a chocolate milk for Nephi and a scoop of ice cream for me (naughty, I know) but then I noticed they have "Ice Cream Milk". Whaaaa? I had to get it because Nephi recently commissioned me to use the ice cream maker--fine, if you make me!

It was delicious! I threw my ice cream bowl in the freezer for 1 day and then on Sunday we had friends over (had a Costa Vida type of dinner) and we took the bowl out, poured the milk in, and pressed "on" for 20 minutes and viola! Incredible ice cream.

My Mom (the best cook I know) makes fried ice cream and I had it when in AZ and have been craving it ever since! I made a modified version but I just wanted to share.


Easy Fried Ice Cream

2 Cups of Rice Krispie cereal 
2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons of butter

Melt the butter, then add the brown sugar and stir. Slowly add in the cereal and mix until it is evenly coated. Sprinkle on your ice cream and enjoy! 

We added some pecans, chocolate chips, and strawberries on the side (I basically grabbed whatever I had in our fridge that would go good with ice cream). Easy peezy! Here is a more detailed recipe if you are interested in taking more time. 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment