Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

A Quick Facts Update

Some quick facts about Nephi and I lately:

  • Nephi got a 83% on his last Chemistry test. Eek! I was beyond excited. So much hope. So much hope.
  • I am going to Vegas next week for this huge event I have been planning for work. I am SO excited for it all to actually happen! A lot of blood, sweat, and tears have gone into it and I can't wait to meet all the wonderful people in my company. 
  • We never go out on Friday nights anymore. We live in Rexburg and traffic is rough on a Friday night [considering we only have 2 lane streets and no turning lane]. We have indulged in Friday night television, aka, watching this show. Don't judge. We kind of love how cheesy and over-dramatic it is. 
  • We love Conan. I need more sleep, yet I will stay up to watch Conan almost every night. 
  • We are both considering deleting our Facebook accounts. Never once have I considered this until recently. I am having a hard time not getting frustrated at people. I believe that Facebook reflects who you are and what you represent. It's like your personal PR and not everyone is considerate of that and too many agendas are being pursued [personal & political] and it is driving us crazy. Will we do it? We don't know. But we figured out how to change our privacy settings last night so don't be surprised if you can't access our profiles soon. (I can't delete mine because I manage Social Media for work and I have to have a personal account to manage our page.) 
  • Nephi is always cold. Seriously, always. Every night I am just sitting on the couch or doing dishes and I notice how quiet it is and turn around to see Nephi hunched over by the heater rubbing his hands together. Bah! It's funny. 
  • We are still on the apartment hunt! I am going to go see a few places this week and we hope to have a place secured by next week. This is not easy business like I thought it would be. 
  • Babies. Everyone is having babies and I LOVE it! I love seeing all the cute pregnant girls in our ward and I just drool over all the cute babies. Yesterday during sacrament I turned to Nephi and said, "I want one..." He responded by asking, "Do you want one in 9 months?" I sighed, "No." Crisis. Averted. (Just kidding...) But seriously, we talked about it last night on a serious note...It was crazy. I'll stop. I've said too much. 
  • Dots. I love Dots, but have officially started to go off sugar, today. Bah.
  • Bread. I love bread but have been off it for the past 3 weeks. It's been rough at times but it made me realize how much bread we eat. I am thinking about creating a "His & Her" cookbook for women who diet with skinny husbands. This no bread thing can be hard when your husband is sitting across from you eating pizza or a burger in a bun. Killer. 
  • I got Nephi a bow-tie for Easter!!! It is adorable! I can't wait for him to wear it. He is pretty excited too, actually. (No, I did not force him to like it. He likes it according to his own freewill.)
  • Nephis cousin gets home from his mission this week and his other cousin is having a baby shower this week! It's pretty exciting and I love being part of his great extended family. 
  • I miss my mom, a lot. Almost cried on the way to work this morning thinking about how wonderful she is. 
  • I am learning a lot about people lately and actually learning, not just observing. I can feel growth in my understanding of others habits and behaviors. It's a big deal for me. This clip has helped me a lot personally. 
  • So grateful for the people of Nebraska. Talked to my good friend Jay the other day (I swear, people from Nebraska know exactly when to call) and caught up. I told him how I have been struggling with a few things/people lately and he suggested going to the temple. The next day, he sent me names from some family history he has been doing and I was baptized and confirmed for 5 people! I feel so blessed to have a temple so close to us. A literal 3 minute drive, without traffic. And even more than that, to have the opportunity to be baptized & confirmed for those who didn't have the opportunity. Saturday was exactly what I needed.
  • Nephi is the best. The end.  

So that's us! 




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You and Nephi are so incredible together! we love watching the two of you. You teach us so much!
    wish you lived down the road. Miss you both so much.
    Thank you for the sweetest, most thoughtful comment.I love you dearly and love our talks etc etc etc. Can't wait to see Nephi in his bowtie! Reminds me of that picture of him when he was little. Totally handsome and darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute Mallory! You should totally have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete