Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oh the memories

Last night, Nephi went to the library and I went to the gym. On the walk back to our car after we were done, we passed a few memorable spots.


One day, about a month after my break up with my ex-bf, I was walking down this path from the library to...(who knows where). I was on the phone with my good friend from Nebraska, T*Starr, (I don't even know if she knows this happened) and before I got to these trash cans I saw a little movement but didn't pay much attention to it. I kept walking, and chatting away, and then suddenly this guy with a pig mask comes out and snorts at me! I let out a small yelp, giggled nervously, explained to Theresa what happened, and then moved on. 

FAST FORWARD 3 WEEKS:

It had been some time since I broke up with my ex so I was thinking I needed to start socializing with the boys at church more. I randomly made friends with this guy in my ward, Andrew. We hung out one Sunday night and were chatting on the porch outside his complex and he asked me a hypothetical question. 

He asked: "Let's say you were making out with your boyfriend in the apartment lounge and then a guy in cut-off jean shorts, no shirt, and a pig mask were to come in and scare you. Is that ethical?" 

I said: "Uh, no! That's dumb. Does he have nothing else to do with his time!?"

His jaw dropped. 

I continued: "Oh, and a few weeks ago I had some guy with a pig mask jump out and scare me on campus. That was so dumb!" 

His jaw dropped further. 

That was Nephi & Andrew in the pig masks. They call it "pigging". 

FAST FORWARD ONE WEEK:

About a week later, Andrew and I had a common friend that was having a birthday party. I asked him if he wanted to go together so we planned to meet up that evening and walk over to the party together. Before he came over, he texted me "we will be there in 5 min." Um, "we", I thought. When they got there, I was introduced to Shawn and this guy named Nephi. As soon as I shook Nephi's hand I squeaked, "I have a crush on you!" I instantly wanted to take it back after I saw the shock in his facial expression and hear everyone laughing. I clarified, "Well, in the Book of Mormon I have a crush on you." Uhhhh...*Awkward RM moment. I had only been home for 4 months.*

That night, we went to the party. The night consisted on Andrew taking of his shirt to try to make me even more awkward, telling everyone I was crazy because my planner weighed 5 lbs, and embarrassing me while country dancing. Man. That night was a chore and definitely wouldn't be the night that I thought would cause Nephi to have interest in me. 

At the end of the night, they all walked me home and as I went up the steps to my door, I turned around before they walked away and invited them to an outdoor concert that was happening the next evening. None of them committed but sweet Nephi said "Yeah, maybe. We will let you know." So I said, "Well, don't you need my number then?" Nephi, shocked again, said, "Uh, yeah, what is it?" I gave it to him and then said, "See. That was easy," (oh, I am so whitty)


FAST FORWARD ONE DAY:

Turns out, Nephi was the only one who could come to the concert. Coincidence? Not really. But we went together and had a great time sitting on a blanket listening to students play guitars. This turned into a great conversation starter [since Nephi loves the guitar] and eventually into a challenge to write a rap song. 

*This was the first time in a long time that I felt comfortable in front of a boy and not nervous or anxious that he was going to move too fast.*



As we were leaving the concert, Nephi said we should find bikes without locks to ride home. Uhhh...funny at first, then weird when he actually took one, and shady when he rode it home with me. I tried to convince him not to take it but he said he did it all the time! What was I suppose to say?

FAST FORWARD ONE WEEK:

Two weeks later, Nephi and I competed in this guitar playing contest with Andrew as our judge. Before this night, I had no idea how to play the guitar, couldn't sing for my life (still can't), and had long pretty nails (which we cut so I could play the guitar). That night Nephi won the contest and I owed him a snoasis (the best shaved ice on the earth).

It took me about a week to go out with him and I think he still bought it. During that week, Nephi didn't heavily pursue me, which bugged. So, I went out with 2 other guys, and almost started a relationship with one. Then comes in sweet Nephi for the kill. He didn't push hard, but just enough to convince me to let him visit me at work (even though I was done with boys), brought me a snoasis, played the piano with me, laid in the grass with me outside the library where he sneakily put his arm around me, and I never looked back.

Two weeks later we had our first kiss (at the dunes in the moonlight while fireworks literally went off), two months later we started dating exclusively, six months later we were engaged, and ten months later we were married!


Our 1 year anniversary is in 1 month. 



Betcha didn't know that funny story.





Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I never knew ANY of this - I LOVE LOVE! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me laugh...i love how the fire works literally went off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are so cute! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Nephi failed to mention to me that his pigging was the first time his wife encountered him... I'm a little upset about this haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mallory this is the cutest! I love hearing love story's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that story for a whole lot of reasons, but I especially like it, because I'm in it. :) Yay for mutual friends and birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing and great story

    ReplyDelete