Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

To Vegas and Back

We made it! The event is doooone. And when I say "we", I am not referring to my co-workers. I am referring to Nephi. 

The last week leading up to the event, I was on my phone constantly, in the office till 1 in the morning one night, and the other nights I never got home before 7 pm and left the house at 7 am. Events are always such a team effort with Nephi and I and although I am bummed he couldn't come, his support from hundreds of miles away was always my go-to in moments of stress.

Fortunately, the event went very well. I flew in Thursday afternoon, dealt with a handful of rooming obstacles, got an upgrade on my room, unpacked 2 suburbans full of equipment, walked about 5 miles worth around the hotel, and went to dinner at a fabulous restaurant with the company.

I don't know if I ever mentioned where we went but we went to Lake Las Vegas and stayed at the Aston MonteLago Village Resort. It was BEAUTIFUL! I will go back and take Nephi.

So Friday came around and I planned to run around and get things done, work on my presentation, and go through a quick run-though and have a staff meeting. Uhh, nope. Of course it didn't happen that way. I had a staff meeting with some, we didn't focus much, and then suddenly it's time to shoot our demo for our new skin care line (Which we launched at the convention. SUCCESS!).

We had a guy from our production company there and he set things up and then I remembered that we hadn't chosen a model yet. So, of course right before shooting I asked and no model was decided on...so, they made me do it! Not only do I hate being on camera, but I felt like the demo wouldn't work as well on my because part of the product is a face lift mask and my skin is too "youthful", they tell me. BUT, it worked, SO well and the shoot actually went fairly smooth for how unprepared we were. It's going to be a very professional demo. We work with the most amazing production company. So, I will post that video, soon!

Anyway, the point is, I totally lost 3 hours there and by the time we were done, we ran downstairs to set up for the convention and then we were off on our lake cruise! That was great and I was able to meet a lot of wonderful people. I love the people.

The next day was the event and it went very well. People were happy and they felt spoiled and that was my goal. There is room for improvement but all things considered, it was great. My feet were swollen and I had cankles (sp?) and my flight was at 6:30 am the next morning (meaning I left the hotel at 4:30 am) but it was all worth it for how happy those people were!

Had my FIRST EVER Cinnabon at the airport! It was amazing.

Here is how the room was set up. It turned out a lot better than we thought it would.

Here is the lower level of the yacht we rented. We cruised for 2 hours (next time we might only do 1 hour) and had appetizers served. Yum.

We wanted to do the demo for the new skin care in a spa but both spas at Lake Las Vegas wouldn't cooperate...LAME! So, we settled for a suite. It wasn't what we thought it was going to be but we made the best out of the situation and we were happy with that. 

The food was AMAZING! I went to breakfast by myself and drooled over this. The eggs for so creamy. I need to duplicate them asap. 

They upgraded me because they wanted me to be in the main building and when I got in my room, they had this basket full of stuff from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! I felt so spoiled. The event planner I worked with was awesome. We became bff's. 

Here is the cruise we went on! It was so cool. Celion Dion lives on the lake so we were trying to decide which house was hers. They were all so nice!

My room! I admit, it was nice coming home to that room at night after each day. It was much needed. Nephi and I really want to go back. 

Uhh, CPK @ the airport. I would kill to have one in Idaho!!! I totally broke my diet but I ended up losing 2 pounds? Weird. I guess it's from all the walking. 

My closet. I never unpack my clothes like this. Do you? It was nice. I felt way more organized. 



Now that the event is over, I am feeling kind of lost. I don't have any major projects to work on and my "boss" (I hate saying that word. It seems so old school), has been so busy and not really involving me in other projects so I am just working on Social Media and cleaning up my office and computer. I needed a few days like this but I think I am just getting bored now...I am going through a small crisis about it but good thing I have amazing friends (Sarah & Stephan) who know exactly what to say to make me feel better! I love them.

Poor Nephi is in his last 2 weeks of school and has been working like crazy on homework. I have never seen him work so hard and be so down on himself. I just ache for him because I know that the material is hard but that he is capable. He just needs to believe in himself. So, if you know Nephi personally, give him a call, send him a text, or write on his Facebook wall with some encouragement! He needs all he can get right now.

Also, I am going to be an Aunt...tonight!! My little sister Kendall is in labor as we speak! She went in last night to be induced and her water finally broke about 2 hours ago. I can't wait! Every time I think about it, I just want to burst out crying. Last night I even had a dream that I was pregnant...weird, weird. But, we are just so anxious and excited for the first grandbaby in our family.

I have a lot more to say but this is a long post...looks like I may have more time tomorrow if my work load continues...



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post!!! That all looks like so much fun! Vegas is one of my favorite places EVER. Super jealous right now, your job is amazing, and you deserve it! Hope Nephi makes it through the next 2 weeks alright! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great trip! glad the event went well! So fun!

    ReplyDelete