Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Our Denver Life

It feels like we are finally settling in well here in Denver. We have a good routine and although we have another schedule coming up (daylight savings + new job) we are relishing our days for now. 

Marlo pooping. I worry about potty training with her little pooping routine - she will not be able to squat like that on a toilet! It's typical to find her in a corner squatting like this or hear her grunts from her crib while she postpones napping with a cute little poop. 

 We went to Goodwill the other day to find chairs for our table because we were going to have the missionaries over for dinner and found some!  They are PERFECT for our table and were in our price range. And we like to dress up for shopping at the Goodwill, clearly.

I know they tell you that church will get harder before it gets better and now I finally believe it! Our church is right during Marlo's first nap (the one she is best at) and it's ROUGH! We've resorted to bringing a bottle now and lots of books and that's been helping but we are all exhausted by the end of church and so is she. 

A little folding arms action at family prayers. 

We had a girls night the other night doing makeup. I didn't actually do my makeup because it was late and I didn't want to have to clean my face - ha! But it was fun to compare brands and techniques. AND I love these girls. The most welcoming and friendly girls I have ever met. 

This was to document Marlo eating one of those "DO NOT EAT" packages. YEP. Don't worry, we googled it real quick and it's not actually poisonous - it's just a choking hazard. Nephi got Marlo to open her mouth by letting her put her fingers in his mouth and he got most of them out. I assume she took the rest out because we didn't spot anything in her poop. She is mischievous.   

I finally made my favorite bread! It's inspired from my Mom's recipe (I made a few adjustments). She even sent me a few loafs on my mission because I love it so much. It freezes so well and makes great toast and sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment