Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

That Weekend *High*


Sitting in bed last night with Nephi and we were planning our week and I was like, "When I have a GOOD weekend with tons of time with you and Marlo it actually doesn't make Monday's dreadful." Maybe a little high off the weekend fumes? I don't know, but we had the best weekend! 

We planned on hiking Table Rock this weekend with Andrew & Kelli but it was stormy last week and the forecast showed another storm and we decided not to risk it. Since Nephi still had the day off, we hit the next item on my bucket list and hiked 'R' Mountain on Saturday morning. It was so great! Perfect weather, picnic breakfast, and happy babies. The hike was easy, just a little slippery from the gravel, but the view was beautiful.



Please do not take these yoga pictures seriously... 






Then we ran home and got ready real to hit the road to the Hillman Family Reunion (Nephi's Moms side)! I finally got to meet Nephi's 'long-lost' Unlce and Cousin. Literally - Nephi's Grandma had a baby before she met Nephi's Grandpa and they only found this out about 7 or so years ago! Crazy. So I finally got to meet them and just fell in love with them and so did Marlo.

Peter, Nephi, Marlo, Mallory, Elizabeth, Kira, Tim
Anna & Brooklyn


This girl! ^ Dad introduced her to this animal app. We used it in emergency situations but I afraid it's too late and we are in for it. 



After the reunion we raced back to Idaho Falls to meet up with Neal, Angie, and Grayson and go to the drive-in. We saw Minions and Jurassic Park. Marlo was a gem at first but then got super cranky and was fighting sleep so bad. Nephi and I were both in the back of the car wrestling her down and then she whacks her head and is screaming - poor girl! But then suddenly she slowed down and fell asleep on me. She can't know you are actually trying to put her to bed or she will melt down. It needs to be subtle. But I am so grateful for her little attitude and putting up with a long fun day!

On Sunday we went to church, got released from our callings, and then went home and hit the sack. Marlo and Nephi slept for 3 hours and I slept for 1.5 which is highly unusual of me. I guess we all really needed it! We did some cleaning and organizing which I love to do with Nephi because I need the extra hand, had dinner, and then went to Tim and Kira's for dessert and just to hang out. Marlo may have taken her "first step" but it's so premature that I am trying not to get too excited about it!



Like I said, no 'Monday Blues' when you have a great weekend! We are looking forward to Monday-Thursday going fast because we have camping, swimming, and picnics planned for the weekend!





OKAY - So maybe Marlo has the Monday Blues!? (10 month photos did not go well)

No comments:

Post a Comment