Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Just a little fitness post...

For the last 3+ months I have been working out in the morning. Because of a change in Nephi's schedule, I can go in the mornings while Marlo is sleeping instead of hoping to make it work in the evenings and it has been LIFE CHANGING! I have gone through phases where I have worked out in the morning and every time I am like - why don't I ALWAYS do this? It helps wake me up, keeps me better disciplined throughout the day, and jump starts my metabolism. I have less guilt and more time and it has made all the difference. 

This morning I had a really good discussion with my trainer. We talked about perception of dieting, weight loss, and fitness. I recently have heard a few people talk about losing weight without any exercise and minimal changes to their eating habits...yeah, here are my thoughts exactly...


I have a love for fitness and I actually enjoy eating healthy foods. But listen, I am not perfect, but I certainly cannot just lose weight by living day-to-day live and not making any changes. 




And although when I hear those people say those things and it can make me feel bad about myself, I have recently decided that I would rather WORK my booty off (literally) than just have it come off with no effort. I love the feeling of a good challenge, the social aspect and community around fitness, and seeing my body change physically even though it may not reflect on the scale exactly.

I am learning to love my body AND allow others to love their bodies. I think it's funny to see the trends change to where being "skinny" (I hate that word by the way - I rather use "thin") is all the rage and then there are trends where being "curvy" (I can't decide how I feel about that word because it's true for many overweight people) is a big deal. YIKES. Just take care of yourself and know that not every body, booty, hips, or ankles are created equal.

My workout this morning ROCKED - bootcamp w/ trainer + elliptical (I have a hip injury so I haven't been able to run.) 

Anyway - I just needed to put this out there for many reasons, but mostly to help remind myself of how grateful I am for my body and to not covet others. Especially after having a baby, I may never get back to my smallest size (my stomach will certainly never be the same) and that's okay. I want to be in a healthy weight range that is achievable so I can feel good about myself (it's okay to want to look good) but also to be a good example to Marlo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment