Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

25...it happend

On September 2nd it happened. I turned 25. Yep. I feel old.

How did I picture my life at 25? Honestly...exactly how it is! I wanted to be married, a RM, graduated from college and have a great career. I have all of those things and feel extremely blessed to have such a wonderful life.

We celebrated with a yummy steak dinner and had some friends over for a small celebration. We have some great friends. Nephi, of course, made me feel so special. He got me flowers, took me to dinner, and got me a new iPhone case, a necklace and a gift card! And then of course I went shopping. :) Nephi has always made me feel so special on my birthday. I have major birthday anxiety because I am always afraid people are going to forget and I hate when people sing happy birthday to me. People did forget my birthday but fortunately no one sang happy birthday to me so that was a huge relief. Ha! I count that as a victory.



Garlic Pepper Steak...I was in HEAVEN! 



My shopping trip! I think all of this was less than $50. 

Birthday outfit with my new necklace I got myself. 

My party I basically threw myself. Ha! Nephi asked if I wanted people over and I said okay and a ton of people RSVP and less than half showed up! Ugh. I had a lot of left overs so Nephi took it all to work. But it was a simple sophisticated party with cheese & crackers and cake pops. 


My parents got me a sewing machine!!! I am so excited to have it. I have yet to use it, but I'm collecting pins on Pinterest of all the projects I want to do one day. I might challenge myself to do all homemade gifts for Christmas this year using the machine, but we will see. I just feel complete knowing it's in my closet and that I have access to it. My parents are the best.

We also went to the fair and ate way too much, per usual. We went with our good friends, the Cooks, and had a blast! We saw the hypnotist, got corn dogs and tigers ears and then chugged down a bottle of Tums at the end of the night. It was magical. Ps-Did we ever tell you we fell in love at the fair? Well, there is this story but the real "moment" happened after we went to the fair in 2010. Because we did. It's a little redneck but we are proud of it.


This is a little dark but it was a beautiful night!



That was my birthday and I am happy to be alive!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment