Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We are alive, I promise!

Hi. We are alive. 

I thought I would have more time with only working but it has not worked out that way. It's only been a week since school and work has started and we haven't quite gotten into a routine yet but we are working on it.

Nephi is back in school and I feel so bad for that cute kid. His schedule is rough and he feels a little overwhelmed already. This is definitely my turn to be the support because of all the he did for me last semester. He is seriously the sweetest kid I have ever met and he will do so well this semester. We are hoping that him only working on Saturdays will help him be able to focus on school more. What a blessing! We were really praying that I could find a job that would be able to support us enough financially that he would be able to cut down his hours and we did!

So, I started my job! It's been so great. The first day I went straight to work and started working on a few big projects. Currently I am on the phone constantly with about 6 different hotels in Vegas negotiating terms to have a conference there in the spring. In between that research, I have put together a proposal for another huge project: a company blog. I am super excited about that! And then of course there is the company newsletter that I had to write all by myself. Only 8 articles about a company and people I don't even know, no worries. I just finished my last article today and it will go to the designer tomorrow. (I will probably be designing it in the future which I am looking forward to.)

Then there are the small tasks in-between such as social media research, product testing (free lotion and shampoo--yessssss), and then taking pictures of products and photo editing (I hope to do more of that). Needless to say, it is aligned with everything that I want to do and I feel like I have already grown so much. It has been such a blessing! The people are great and the company has awesome products that I have already tried so you better believe I will be convincing you all to try them.

Oh, and I am flying to Vegas on the *company plane* on Thursday to go visit venues for the convention. :) ((Sorry, I had to rub that in everyone's face.)) 

Okay, I am done bragging about my great job. Kinda. Well, since I got an iPhone (Thanks, Boss) I have been using instagram to post photos. So for all of you who have that, follow me (malloryguymon), and for all those who don't, here are the pictures I have been taking lately. 




These taste like heaven. Enough said.

My phone case! I love it.

Put our laundry basket too close to the heater. My bad.

A little baking. The dough didn't rise but they still turned out super yummy! I made these Christmas morning.

Got to hang out with this cute girl (niece) a bunch and it made our life. She is funny as ever. 

Our fir Christmas, married! 

This little baby (niece #2) made me want a baby really bad. Oh gosh. I still crave playing with her everyday. 

Yummy funnel cakes! My sweet mother-in-law gave each of the girls a funnel cake maker for Christmas. They are deadly.

I got The Help from Nephi's parents. Loved it. 

Nephi's parents also got us a Kinect! We have Zumba and Wipe Out and we love it!

New shoes. Love them.

Featured in the company newsletter last month.

A little organizing. 

We went to Park City for New Years to see my best friend and her cute family! It was a blast and we LOVED it. 

Nephi made me a yummy dinner when I was sick. 

Homemade orange julius (inspired by Pinterest) with real AZ oranges!

Mother sent me some curtains to put up over our open closet. I like them a lot. 

Celebrating our first week of school and work with some homemade pizza and bubbly. 

No joke. Just read. 

Sunday breakfast! Our church time changed to 1:00 and we are really happy about it. 

Made dinner in a pumpkin! So yummy. Let me know if you want the recipe. 

Played this game a few times! Buy it. It is SO much fun!

Another Pinterest inspired activity. It kinda worked.

Decorating the office!

Still in progress...any tips!?

Eating healthy. Gained waaay too much weight last semester. 

Oh hey, Tony Romo retweeted me. That probably means nothing to most of you but it's an accomplishment in the Twitter world. I also was retweeted by Coke and followed by The Blaze columnist. Feeling good about my Twitter Stats. :) 



Anyway--that is us, for now...





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. haha go malz! you are a twitter pro. and the same cabin that Brazilian TV celebs are staying in RIGHT NOW. glad we broke it in for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love the pics of my girls!! What is the thingy with those stickers on your nails about? Do you only paint inside the circles with nail polish? I'm intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory Smith...Guymon! I've been quietly following your blog here and there....can I say i'm slightly jealous of your wonderful newlywed life? :) those were the days...live them up! I know i don't need to worry, because you are def. doing that! Your job sounds just like a job I would LOVE to have, you know once I can do something other than chase naked baby butts every where haha! Glad to see you guys are doing well. Congrats on all your success. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete