Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

The weekend low-down

Our weekend...

Got to come home to this hunk with his new cutie shirt on. 

Made turkey burger sliders for dinner. Yum. Drank 2 diet Dr. Peppers and ate a sugar cookie from my new favorite boutique and didn't even feel guilty about it. 

Cuddled with no make-up and watched an action movie where I was so nervous that I made Nephi tell me if something scary was going to happen, every time. During commercials I would read Hunger Games.

Had the laziest day on Saturday by myself while Nephi was at work and I loved it. The combo of Hunger Games, diet Dr. Pepper and the popcorn chips was addicting and I want to do it constantly. 

Went to Snake Bite with good friends and helped them fall in love with this amazing concoction.  I usually get the snake river burger (amazing burger with green chilies and blue cheese) but I got the same thing but with chicken. I was in heaven. 

Sunday we had VT and HT after church and so by the time  we got home we were starving...I crock-potted (word?) a pork loin with rosemary and steak seasoning, made a yummy salad, mashed potatoes and popovers (see below). Nephi was in heaven. I had one serving of meat and ate all the rolls and he polished off the potatoes and meat. Seriously he at 3/4 of the pork loin. I was impressed. 

Have you ever made popovers? Easiest quick break you will ever make. They taste gourmet and I even added herbs in mine (basil and rosemary). 

Sunday night I read Hunger Games between commercials while watching The Best Two Years (seriously that movie inspired me to serve a mission), Nephi did homework and I folded laundry as well. It was an eventful evening as you can tell. 

And, I did my nails. It's kind of my new Sunday tradition. Not because I like variety but because apparently I am really hard on my hands and I can't make it a week with a layer of nail polish. I added the glitter to one nail for variety and I loved it! You just put clear polish on, pour on the glitter, blow or wipe the rest off carefully and then add another clear coat on top. I just got the glitter from Sally's for like $1 last year. I have done my toes a few times and I still have a whole bottle left (it's about 1 in in diameter and 3 inches tall). It goes so far and the glitter is easy to remove. In fact, it's so easy that by the time I got to work this morning and I didn't have any glitter on the nail above. At least the other hand had some, ha!


So, there is our weekend! A lot of food and time together and that always makes me happy. 

PS-I take a lot of pictures of food because I don't take pictures of myself or my outfits. (Someone gave me a hard time about that the other day and it's been on my mind so I thought I would just vent it out and clarify. Bah.) 

Also, Nephi and I were talking about how we have almost been married a year in April! It's crazy and has gone by so fast. I can't wait to celebrate. 





*Fact: I don't blog for my family because they don't really read this and I tell them everything. I don't blog for random people to show off our mad skills or amazing life. I blog to make this eventually into a literal journal. I will be getting it printed every year. In April, we will print "Volume One" and I can't wait!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Cute Mallory!! I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where would we be without diet soda? glad i'm not the only one that loves it...

    ReplyDelete