Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Recent Dishes

I have had people ask me the recipes of a few dishes I have made lately so I thought I would share the wealth!

First of all, I love to cook. The food is good but presentation and delivery is my ultimate favorite part. I like colorful foods, variety, and trying new recipes. My husband on the other hand...not so much. He is a meat and potatoes boy which has presented me with new challenges in the kitchen. One year later and I think I am starting to understand how to cook for him and how to not be so sensitive to his reactions to my cooking.

We made a deal, however, that I can try whatever new recipes I want to and if they don't work out, he is allowed to go pick up a pizza. Any time and any day of the week this deal is in play and it's only happened ONCE. (Tried this recipe and failed. Ugh.) So, my experiments continue.

BTW...Nephi started feeling sick after eating something really fatty the other day and said, "I think you've gotten my body used to eating healthy because I get sick if I eat bad stuff now." UH, score. We do eat fairly healthy...you wouldn't guess it but we actually do. 

Where do I get my recipes? PINTEREST. Someone told me the other day that I should make a recipe blog but really I can't take credit for these recipes that I find. If I post about them, I will always provide the source so you can see what I have made. I do have a few cookbooks that are my go-to books but other than that, you can find all my recipes on my Pinterest account. My favorite recipes comes from my Weekly Menu Feeds board, The Healthy Stuff board, I Shouldn't board, and Event Planning board.

Anyway, here are the recipes people asked me to post and some additional notes from me.

I made this banana bread but hardly followed directions. I used sour cream instead of yogurt, used more bananas, and I didn't put the cereal on top. I also put it in mini loaves to take to our neighbors! It turned out amazing. I always make healthy banana bread and this was my first fatty one and I died. It was delish. Everyone must try this! Next time I will add the cereal.



















This Brie Dip is amazing. Nephi asked if I could make it once a week...I told him if he wanted to get a second job to buy the brie cheese every week, I would be happy to. Kidding...brie cheese is not that expensive. I get mine at Sam's Club.

I had some left over from celebrating our anniversary {don't worry, I put it in the freezer to keep} and so I used that. It keeps pretty well in the freezer. I thawed it out the night before, cut off the sides {which is edible but not suggested to use in this dip} and warmed it with the cream cheese. I thought it would harden back up again but it didn't. I followed the instructions and even added a little more sour cream to make it go a little farther. I baked it on a higher temp for a little more than half the time and then put it in a crockpot about 1/2 hour before the party started.

It was a huge hit! If you haven't had brie cheese before, it may shock you. I suggest testing out brie cheese before attempting making a full dip.




The next dip is Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip. I have tasted this before but I didn't believe it was this easy to make but it is!

Have you ever been to Wingers? It's a west coast thing and we have one in Rexburg and Idaho Falls and Nephi and I LOVE it! They have this sauce that is made with the Franks Red Sauce that is used in this dip and that is so easy to make too! {I made it for dinner last week and we put the chicken in salad to balance the spice and it was great.}

I followed this recipe by using blue cheese instead of ranch and gorgonzola cheese crumbles instead of blue cheese {already had some in the freezer} and even added some sour cream, even though it doesn't ask for any. Again, I wanted to make it go a little farther. It was my favorite part of the party! This will be another must have at our parties.

OH, and it tastes great warmed up the next day.

And finally...this drink.


I could have drank this* allllll day. It's so fresh and light and quenches your thirst. I love the color. If you add the fresca first then the white grape juice it will create an ombre look. It's looks fancy.

I added fresh whole apricots to ours and it looks great it my glass drink dispenser. It added a little flavor and looked really nice.

*The original recipe says to use white wine, I used white grape fruit juice. 



So there are my latest tests in the kitchen!




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You totally should stick all these on a recipe blog!! Half the time a neighbor will share a recipe with me or I find one in the most random place and I'm glad I stuck it somewhere I know I can find it months later when I'm like, "do I even have that recipe?!" And even better when I make something up and know what I did a while down the road! I suck at using Pinterest hahah help meeee!

    ReplyDelete