Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Never Take Friday's for Granted

Never take Friday night date nights for granted.

This is a lesson I have learned as I have been with Nephi. For the first year of us knowing each other, we had like 3 Friday's together. Nephi is a manager at the biggest movie theater in town and works the weekends when he is in school. That means, Friday he gets home from school at 6, leaves for work at 6:30, gets home at 2 AM, and then wakes up and goes to work again from 10-5. This is a major hinder on our weekend.

I have learned how to be a single lady on the weekends. This consists of shopping (taking my time), cleaning, girls nights, movies, and catching up on my tv shows he hates. It's good but every once in a while when we get a Friday together I remember how I need to never take them for granted and suddenly it feels like a holiday. I LOVE IT!

On Friday, Nephi and I went to Bill Cosby at BYU-Idaho. Yes, he actually came to BYU-I! Unfortunately we had awful seats. I sat next to an old lady who told me that my phone was distracting when I got it out to tweet (my bad), my knees touched the back on this obnoxious laugher-guy in front of me the whole time, AND it was HOT! Besides all that, it was great. But really. I wish we didn't have terrible seats because I would have appreciated the experience more. He was hilarious of course but I realized his humor is very different from any other typical comedian. He told looooong stories and basically bashed on women being controlling. You know--the usual. Comedians bash on women, and commercials bash on men. I think we are even, right?




 Afterwards, we went home and enjoyed some chips and salsa and watched Lost. PS-I never eat or buy Dorritos and this weekend I remembered why...they are so addicting. Blah.

Saturday morning I got up and at Nephi's request made some breakfast burritos. He ate a few and then ran off to work and I ran to go and get my Bountiful Basket.


If you are in the Idaho Falls area you need to go get one at Bonneville High School! They threatened to close down the site if we don't get enough people signed up! For those of you who don't know what Bountiful Basket is, check them out here to see if there is a station in your area.

I got:

  • 2 romain lettuce heads  
  • celery
  • kale
  • 3 tomotoes
  • 1 cucumber
  • bananas
  • 3 acorn squash....recipes please?!
  • A weird melon? 
  • 4 mangos 
  • tons of plums
  • ten million green apples...okay, it only feels like that. Homemade applesauce? I am going to try it.
  • more apricots...I guess I will be making jam this week? (I don't have the slightest idea how to.) 
I got this ALL for $16.50! Great deal I would say. I always like going to the store and pricing it all out to see how much I really did save. It's a good deal and it lasts us about 2 weeks.

After I got my basket, I loaded my car with stuff to take to the DI and then hit up the gym and then headed over to the DI. It was busy on Saturday but I found some AWESOME stuff! I gave away a bunch of stuff so I felt justified get a few things that wouldn't invite clutter. 

In fact, here are 2 of the crafts that I did with the stuff I bought:


The rope was $2 for a bag full of rope that ended up being the perfect amount to cover this vase. Whew! Literally, it was the exact amount. And then the door numbers are my fav! I saw this idea years ago in a magazine and have been wanting to do it forever! Sure, I only have 2 bedrooms but it added the perfect character upstairs and I love it. Those wooden circles were $2 a piece and I already had chalkboard vinyl, paint, and the ribbon. 

So after DI I went to the grocery store and spent way more than I planned. This month I am trying to shop on a weekly basis rather than monthly but that didn't really work out. Hopefully the rest of the month will go well. 

I got home and then went to work on my car. I hate to admit it but I think the last time I cleaned out my car was summer 2010. Yep, pretty sure. I mean, I throw away trash and stuff but actually dust, wipe down and vacuum...it's been awhile. 



Instead of going to a car wash, I used my new vacuum that I LOVE. Totally worth the money I spent. It is amazing and we will keep it forever. I vacuumed that car, big time. The attachments helps me get in the areas that I have never been able to get to! Needless to say, it looked amazing compared to what it looked like before....


I didn't wash the outside because it looked like it was going to rain, and it did a little. I may take it through this week sometime. When Nephi got home I made him look at it and compliment me, a LOT. He did. I was happy.

Saturday night Nephi had homework so I made dinner and he studied. I felt like I was in the kitchen constantly from all the goodies I made this weekend. Sheesh. I don't even know if I will cook all week...okay, I will.

I made this pizza on Saturday. This is our second time having it and I am pretty sure I could eat it every weekend and never get sick of it! This time I doubled the recipe so I could make dessert pizza too.

2 tips for pizza lovers: 1. MAKE THIS PIZZA! It tasted AMAZING! 2. Convert to turkey kielbasa instead of pepperonis. Half the calories and the flavor combo is divine. The end.



And the dessert pizza? Really? Why haven't I done this before? It was amazing. Half apple and half strawberry. My mom canned and gave me a few jars of strawberry sauce. Never thought it would come in handy until now! It was delicious and EASY PEEZY.

SO we planned on going to MIB:3 on Saturday after homework but after I showered at 9:30 PM, I crashed and we just watched "She's All That" in bed. Yep, one of my favorites. I love Freddie. Always, always.

Sunday was a great day. It was the first time back in our ward in a month and people asked us if we were new. Nope, not new, just busy. But we really do like our ward. I especially love that it is at 11 AM. Sleep in, come home, nap, tons of time to play, late dinner and then bedtime.

I had to get a shot at our outfits. It was a good dressing day for the both of us. I love Nephi's tie and I love, love my new necklace and shirt.



It was a great weekend and we are hoping for an even better week!




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. yuuum! that pizza looks delish! we heard bill cosby was totally bashin on wives on friday night! he didn't even mention his wife on the wednesday show? totally agreed though, his long stories were super long and 2 hours was enough! he's just gettin' old i think! oh, and loving the door numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all! I hope I don't take our Friday nights and Saturday's for granted - though I don't think I do. We used kielbasa on our pizza Sunday night :) Sorry we ended up bailing on MIB:3 - we got randomly tired too and I knew I wouldn't have slept through it. Your Sunday outfits are CLASSY CLASSY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah an outsider finally knows how we at the movie theater feel ;)

    ReplyDelete