Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Change for the Better

The day after I got home from my mission, I had to sign up for classes. I got on the BYU-Idaho website and inhaled, "It's different." I can distinctly remember in that moment thinking that this was a change but I was used to change. I'm a RM.

My reaction to change has completely altered because of many experiences, particularly on my mission. After leaving my first area, I bawled like someone stole my family. It was bad. That is what it felt like to me. My next area and new companion had a lot of things to prove to me, I decided. Unfortunately, that attitude led me to a few sleepless night, lots of tears and feelings of contention. I look back on that experience and wished I would have embraced it better. But I learned my lesson. I ended up getting sent back to that area for my last 2 transfers after being away from it for 6 months and I ended up meeting the most incredible people that I will never forget. Ralston/La Vista taught me. In my last transfer, I ended up bawling on the shoulder of that sweet companion a year later, begging for her forgiveness for how I treated her. She is one of the kindest people I have ever met.

This last week I went through a similar transition, but, it had to do with my job. On Friday I decided to switch departments. There has been a lot of changes in the department and I emotionally, physically and spiritually could no longer handle it and it was affecting the work. Friday afternoon I bawled (like I did when I transferred areas) but this time, I had a different perspective. I will be honest and admit that I needed some humbling and the Lord knew exactly how to do it.

Nephi and I talked through every bit of the situation and I ended up having a wonderful weekend. We celebrated our 6 month anniversary Friday night (dinner at a hick restaurant and a movie. it was the best.) and then I went to the temple on Saturday morning. I felt that the Lord was molding me and teaching me a powerful lesson that I needed to embrace. So, that is what I am going to do. Sunday was void of the usual anxiety and now I am having one of the best Monday's I have had in a long time.

Already I can see what a great blessing this is going to be in my life. I have been feeling very inadequate but now feel optimistic about my future. I am been feeling physically un-fit and uncomfortable but now I am going to have time to go to the gym AND do my homework. I have been feeling sorry for myself but now I feel like serving others. It's always amazes me that the Lord truly knows me better than I know myself.

So, where do I work now? I work in the Human Resources department on campus. I work directly with the employment coordinator. (She is one of those people that just makes you feel good instantly. I knew her before I was offered this position and I am really excited to work with her.) I will be working on a few projects that she never gets to. Sometimes I will function as her assistant and other times I will function as an actual employment coordinator and assist in the hiring process.

I met with her today and she said that she was just saying last week that she needed more help and it worked out. I affirmed that I think the Lord answered both of our prayers in the perfect way. He is good like that. Anyway-needless to say, this will be a new adventure and a huge blessing.


Here is another recent blessing...

Yup. Just got this in my email a few moments ago. Now, all I have to do is pass....(good thing I just got a B on my first econ exam! that was a literal miracle.)


Anyway, moral of the story, change is good. Whether you understand it at first or not, when we turn to the Lord and literally walk with him side-by-side, change can become a blessing. I am grateful for that, and a sweet, sweet husband to be my greatest strength.







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. yay for change! and congrats on the new job! seems like it will be a nice break. And you're graduating soon... seriously the best feeling ever huh?!

    ReplyDelete