Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

H A W A I I

The first week of March we went to the island of Kauai on vacation. To say we had the best time ever would be an understatement! Now I know why everyone goes to Hawaii -- it is not an illusion, it really is the best place! And I say that having been to both Pacific and Atlantic oceans including the Bahamas. Also, Kauai is not like the other islands. There is basically 5 stop lights on the whole island and it is so low key. It's not super busy or really touristy. It wasn't our goal to see all the sights but rather to spend time together as a family.

Many people don't know this but my Dad has been battling a liver disease for the past 3 years. It's complicated, but he needs a liver transplant and in his current condition his quality of life is weak, however, not bad enough to get on the transplant list. This is very, very (can't even express) frustrating to my Dad, and to us. We have tons of questions and very little answers. We are trying to be patient.

He has lived such a beautiful life - I look up to him so much - and has always had a passion for traveling and like to invites us along when we can. So when we were leaving them at Christmas time to come back to Idaho, he whispered (laying in bed), "Let's go to Hawaii". Okay! So we scrounged up some money, budgeted tightly for 2 months, and we were off! If it was up to me, I would have waited till May (to save more money) but I am glad we went and every penny was worth it!

Nephi and I have loved traveling together and have saved our money to go on a few trips - that's just one of the things we like to do together! It's something we want for our future family as well. Every family is different I am learning. We had a few snarky comments from people, "Oh, Hawaii??" or "Oh, are your parents paying for it?" Or people who would say nothing at all when we would tell them (awkward silence). I only say this because I want to remember the reason we went - not to justify anything. We were going to go to Hawaii this year one way or another (it was on our list of goals - we set them and MAKE them) and I am so glad we went!

A few pics from our trip!

Marlo loved the sun and we avoided sunburns with lots of sunscreen. 
Welcome to Hawaii Baby Marlo! 
Best friends. I can't compete. 
The tacos there...yum! 
Went kayaking to a hike that lead up to a waterfall! It wasn't super magical but it was a fun hike!
Thanks Nama for the cute hat and swimsuit! 
I actually got in the water and boogie boarded! That is really saying something. 
My favorite beach day was this day! 
No make-up all week and time with these 2 was amazing. 
This swimsuit and hat is HEART EYES. 


The view from our house.

This resort was right next to our house and their beach front was incredible!

Marlo literally started siting up the day we got there. Miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment